Monday, February 06, 2012

Day One: Meal Plan

Howdy y'all...It's 1:18 and I can't sleep. When I groggily roll my fat ass out of bed at 6am I'm going to be mad at myself for staying up so late. I'm really bad about waking up on time. Sometimes I start screaming in my head, "I will do anything for five more hours of sleep God, I'll stub my toe today! I'll gladly gain five pounds. Just please give me five more hours."

Imagine an angry rhino thumping around the room like she just got grounded from her first prom. That's me. But when I was being interviewed, they asked me if I was ok with coming in at 8:00a.m.

My heart started pounding. As much as my body was physically rejecting their offer, my mouth overruled and said, "Of course! The earlier the better."

Each night before I go to bed, I am excited to take a nap the next day. This is why I'm giving up dairy. I have a slight suspicion I'm lactose intolerant and wondering if, by chance, it could be causing my extreme exhaustion and awful sleep habits. Surely coffee could be a strong attribute to my sleeping patterns, but I've gone weeks without coffee before and still been sluggish.

My MONDAY meal plan: 


6:30 AM Breakfast in the dorm room: Half a grapefruit with a small bowl of mashed strawberries, dry oats, a little bit of granola, a little bit of soy milk, and walnuts. 


10:30AM Snack: A 45 calorie pack of apricot fruit leather and a chai soy latte. 


Lunch @ the dining hall: Baby corn, carrots, extra broccoli, snow peas, water chestnuts, spinach and tofu in a stir fry with a spicy vegan sauce (had to look up which sauces were low calorie and safe).  


Snack: One red apple that looks like the apple from Snow White


Dinner (leftovers from this weekend): Vegan evol burrito (they serve these at our express dining hall) with hot sauce and a bowl of vegan carrot ginger soup ($2 for a quart from Whole foods). 


This won't be that hard after all! I'll edit this post with pictures throughout the day. Documenting all of this to a white screen and for everyone to stumble upon helps me maintain a sense of commitment.

What's your schedule like? I would love for you to tell me about what a typical day is like for you in the comment section below :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment