Sunday, February 05, 2012

30 Day Mind & Body Challenege

Now that the Super Bowl is out of the way for those fattening appetizers and...hold on let me wipe the crumbs off of my face....all of those saucy wings. I've decided to start a mind and body challenge. Now I know I have a tendency to forget about my new diet/"lifestyle" changes only moments after I sit down and create them, but this time I'm in it for the win. After all, it's only 30 days!


I will begin tomorrow, Monday February 6th, and end on March 8th (which marks the start of my spring break). I would love to see many of you that read this join me. This is what I'm committing to:

Every Day:
  • 10-30 minutes of yoga
  • 1 hour at the gym
  • No animal byproducts
  • Eat raw whenever possible 
  • Take a multivitamin
  • Go to sleep before 12am
  • Drink hot water with lemon, ginger, and honey(whoops! my one vegan slip) every morning
That doesn't sound too hard, does it? What will help me is telling you guys about my progress. I wonder how possible this is on a college campus, when they fry everything....even pickles!

I would also like to address that you don't need to spend ungodly amounts of money on this 31 day challenge. Steal a few lemons from your neighbor's tree (don't get caught :p), ginger root (in the produce section) is generally very cheap because one knob will last you a few weeks. I bought my multivitamin at target for $4/100 tablets. You don't need a yoga mat, but TJ Maxx sells them for roughly eight dollars. As far as eating raw goes, that's just "whenever possible" meaning I should abstain from grabbing steamed veggies rather than eating them in their whole state. One advantage of being on a college campus is a nearly unlimited supply of walnuts. These contain essential omega 3 fatty acids that are vital to your brain power. I will get most of my protein from cooked beans and say NO to any type of bread or pasta 9 times out of 10, although I am going to allow my body to have enough carbs so that when I stop the challenge, I won't gain back quite a bit of weight. 

I know I have deferred from my "food blog"-ness, but I promise I'll start blogging my daily meals. I want incoming college freshman to get a feel for what it is like to eat in the dorms...and how the freshman 15 can be avoided. 

Have a great day everyone! Please comment below if you'd like to join me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment