Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Feeling Aloe-t Better About my Determination

Like my corny food words? Yeah I get it. I need to stop.

Today I woke up determined to stick to my new years resolutions of eating healthy. I may still have yet to go running, but that doesn't mean I didn't work out. I did some serious shopping today at the grocery store. Thousands of steps were recorded on my pedometer.

Crap. I think I just revealed to you guys that I'm a nerd. I bought as many healthy things as I could think of that could make a number of interesting dishes. I wish I had taken pictures for y'all, but I was a little embarrassed by my messy kitchen. So here comes the old fashioned bullet list.


  • Steel Oats
  • Organic Quinoa 
  • Butter Lettuce
  • Romaine Lettuce
  • Black Beans
  • Kidney Beans
  • Cucumbers
  • Broccoli
  • Vine Tomatoes
  • Bananas
  • Apples
  • Frozen Blackberries
  • Frozen Strawberries
  • Frozen Blueberries
  • Blueberry Activia
  • Peach Activia 
  • Diet Peach Snapple
  • Diet Green Tea with Citrus 
  • Seltzer Water in a variety of flavors
  • Organic raspberry granola
  • Sandwich-thins
  • Honey Turkey sliced extremely thin
  • Fat-Free cottage cheese
  • "All Natural" cola soda (for those unruly cravings) 
  • Brown Sugar (to caramelize onions)
  • Green Beans (canned and fresh)
Sorry for my inability to keep my grocery list in a categorized fashion. I get SO excited to go to the grocery that I am there for hours, browsing the many varieties of each type of food. It took me a good five minutes to pick out an apple. My friend, Hailey, takes about twenty minutes to pick out the ice cream that she so desires...and then puts it back and gets her original choice that she made right off the bat. 

This morning (rather almost afternoon because I stayed up until almost 5am addicted to finding new food blogs) I made an open faced turkey sandwich with goat cheese and asparagus with parmesan cheese. I tried this new drink called "Alo: Exposed." It's merely Honey, Aloe pulp and Aloe juice. I don't much care for the pulp but overall it's a decent drink. If it causes rejuvenation and a refreshed feeling post-drink, I'll buy it! 



I decided that I deserved a dessert, so I made an apple nut salad. I used walnuts, sunflower seeds, yogurt-covered raisins, sliced almonds, and honey. I sliced a half of an avocado and sprinkled fresh ground pepper over it. Even my kitties were trying to eat my delicious dessert!


As for dinner, it was ABSOLUTELY amazing! Unfortunately my fat ass forgot to take a picture of it. I sautéed onions, tomatoes, black beans, corn, and spicy taco flavors in a pan and then added brown rice. It was my rendition of a mexican fried rice. I added cheese and then stuffed it into a wing of butter lettuce. For dessert I made an amazing yogurt + granola dish with frozen blackberries, walnuts, and sunflower seeds. 


I'm finally proud to tell my readers (rather my friends that are so nicely reading this) what I ate today. Paula Deen's habits have left my kitchen! 







No comments:

Post a Comment