Friday, January 06, 2012

School on the Mind, A Book in the Bind

I feel like Thomas the Train when it comes to this blog. I have to keep on typin', keep on cookin', and keep on trying to sway myself to continue a blog that has so few readers. But, like any challenge, I am not going to back down.

Lately I had been questioning my choice of being a Business Management and Accounting major and English Minor. That was, until a few words fell out of my mouth as I was casually speaking to my boyfriend. "I guess, if I graduate and end up in a job that I am unhappy with...I can always go to culinary school."

I cannot explain the feeling that passed over me at that moment. It felt something like having a great bowl of comfort food (mashed taters!) and being wrapped up in your favorite warm blanket.

Speaking of warm blankets, I have been cuddled up on the couch reading for the past few hours. I just finished a book called Still Alice  that was featured on the Eat Live Run blog.

I have a book I am begging you all to read called What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty. Whether you have to run out to the bookstore, order it on Amazon, or buy it on your kindle or nook...do it! My boyfriend's sister suggested the book to me over the summer and I absolutely fell in love. It's about a 40 year old woman who falls off of her stationed bike at the gym and wakes up thinking she's only 30! I will leave the rest of the story for you to stumble upon...




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment