Thursday, February 09, 2012

Day Three (Yesterday)

In the morning, I am so sluggish that I only wake up last minute. It feels like I literally cannot force myself out of bed and I sit there, staring at my phone praying it won't turn the time that I have to get out of bed in order to make it on time. 

Please, just five more minutes. 

I finally get to class or work at the early hours of the morning and think to myself, Now that wasn't so bad

I smile and get on with my day. I get a $1 small soy chai latte at the book store and all of the day's impending worries fade away. 

Then comes lunch time. Facing the not-so-vegan-friendly dining halls is a class of its own. For lunch I chose the dining hall with the mongolian grill and had a delicious broccoli and mushroom stir-fry. Afterwards I was done with my classes and trekked back to my dorm room only to find myself close to comatose post-meal. 

I decided I needed to be proactive and got up and went off to the gym for a good ol' workout:
20 minutes run/walk intervals on an incline at speeds of 8.0 and 4.0 (I switched off every two minutes)
10 minutes on the bikes with 10 resistance
100 outward push for my legs
100 inward push for my legs
20 minutes of power sculpt yoga on hulu when I got back to the dorm
 
Phew. Just thinking about that this morning makes me tired. Afterwards I ran home (literally) and jumped into my warm and cozy bed for an episode of New Girl and then a 4 hour nap. Upon waking up, I was faced with a dining dilemma: Yesterday the only "vegan friendly" items that the dining hall closest to my dorm had were located on the fruit and salad bar. When I went to drizzle dressing on top, I realized that none of their dressings were vegan. That was when I decided to just a get my usual "express" meal of a vegan burrito and hummus. 

Ho-hum. I'm going to make an exciting post this weekend. Sorry for these chronological posts I've been having. 

No comments:

Post a Comment